Intuitive eating is an approach to health and food that has nothing to do with restrictive diets, meal plans, disciplines or willpower. It encourages you to get in touch with body signals of hunger, fullness and satisfaction while making peace with food as well as honoring and trusting your body around food.
Some common myths of IE :
- IE is a diet
- It means “letting yourself go”
- Disregards health
- Means you only eat foods that are less nutritious
- IE means eat “whatever you want, whenever you want”
- IE is only for people with eating disorders
- IE has no scientific basis
IE is a principle championed by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch.